It’s your favorite time again! That is, if your favorite time means the Liebster Award Season, that is. Yes, my pal Natalie from Writer Loves Movies gave me a nomination this time around, so many thanks to Natalie, and definitely check out her very awesome site as I delve deeper into the meaning of the Liebster Award. It’s a blogger award given to bloggers by bloggers, and of course, it is epic. But what are awards without a few simple rules?
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
Without further ado – my questions to the questions:
1. Name the last film you watched
- I’ve been slowing down on my movie watching because I’ve been so busy working on my TV Podcast and I’ve picked up the bad habit of reading. I’m just kidding, but a Nook can be a very dangerous addictive device. The last movie I watched was actually X-Men: First Class in preparation for the upcoming blockbuster hit Days of Future Past.
2. Name the director whose movies you most admire?
- Correction, director(s). Jonathon Dayton & Valerie Faris. This directing duo are responsible for movies like Ruby Sparks and Little Miss Sunshine. Two movies, which by the way, are really good. Before that, they did some work in music videos and such, but it only took them two movies for me to fall in love with them and look forward to their next ventures as a team.
3. We all have a movie that’s our guilty pleasure. What’s yours?
- You’d like me to tell you, wouldn’t you? Just kidding, um, probably Good Burger. I wasn’t so guilty for watching it when I was a kid and watched it every few weeks, but now I’m 26, and still think the movie is hilarious and never say no to the Good Burger gods.
4. If you could play any movie character in a remake, who would it be?
- Ha, I think I would play an awesome Thomas Anderson a.k.a. Neo in a reboot/remake of The Matrix. Or at least I’d like to think I’d be awesome at it (I used to make Matrix fan films as a Neo-like character).
5. Name your favourite black and white movie
- I’m notorious for steering clear of older movies, but I’ll be fair and say there are a few that I think are brilliant and that no one should ever redo them, because when they have tried, it has been horrendous. 1 is 12 Angry Men, which is my personal favorite. The other is The Great Dictator.
6. What book would you most like to see made into a film?
- That’s a really hard question, because most books I would have liked to become a movie already have. However, I did read the rest of the Divergent series, and I do await the next two films eagerly. Other than that, maybe The Cuckoos Calling by J.K. Rowling
7. Best cinema snack?
- Skittles from the convenience store across the street, and a can of pop from your house that you take out of your pocket – but don’t tell nobody I told you that.
8. Which job in the movie industry do you most fantasize about doing?
- Honestly? Since I was young, I’ve fantasized about virtually every single position. Actor was the most obvious, but then I thought directing would be amazing. But when it comes down to it, I’m a writer, so the most realistic and most satisfying answer I could give, is screenwriter.
9. Which film writer or blogger do you find most inspirational?
- That’s a really tough question because for the most part I try my hardest to ignore who wrote a movie. I try my hardest to go in blind and then look up information afterwards. Idk…Walt Disney? The person in charge of Disney now? I don’t know. Hard question.
10. If you could only take films from one genre on a desert island with you, which genre would it be?
- Haha, this is the most bizarre question. Comedy. Look, a deserted island can be fun, but it can also be lonely and sad, and scary. The only thing to lighten your mood might be a comedy, so that one seems obvious to me.
11. And finally, what upcoming movie are you most anticipating?
- Hands down, X-Men: Days of Future Past. It just looks so epic and unique….I mean come on.
Now onto choosing 11 victors to take over, and the nominees are (by the way, I’m slightly bending the rules on how many followers a site has):
- Daniel’s Film Reviews
- Andy Watches Movies
- Digital Shortbread
- Tranquil Dreams
- Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews
- Simon Says…Watch This!
- Liam Does Film
- Films and Coke
And the questions I have for you are as follows:
- What was the first movie you ever remember seeing? (This means, not the movie your mom told you that you saw when you were 2 years old, or god forbid, while in her tummy):
- In your opinion, what is the best movie ever made based on a video game?
- What is a generally hated movie that you openly love?
- What is a generally loved movie that you openly hate?
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
- What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen…and why?
- Are there any TV shows you watch that you’d like to be seen made into a movie?
- What was the craziest experience you’ve ever had in a theater?
- What has been the best performance by a male playing a female or vice versa?
- How excited are you to watch Planes 2?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and what would be the origin story. Because “and why?” is too mainstream.
And that’s…..it. Wow. Thanks for reading, ya’ll!